onsdag 4 januari 2012

I :heart: Yoshi!

During my lifetime I have been obsessed with many video-games series ( and some anime/manga series). It has been new things I learned about and gotten obsessed with it, but also old things I have forgotten about and started to love again. But there's one figure I never can forget and that I have always loved. Everyone who knows me, know what I like the most. Who it is? Simple.




Yoshi <3


I remember I started to like Yoshi when I for the first time saw him in Super Mario World for SNES. I was about 4-5 years old and watched when my dad and my brother played the game, and also other games he appeared in like Mario Kart and Mario Paint. Later I dared to play myself and loved to ride on Yoshi's back in SMW and always picked him in MK.

Why did I like him so much? Mostly because he is a dinosaur-like character, and I was very fond of dinosaurs when I was little and also other reptile-like animals (it was back then I started to like Sting Chameleon as well). And I think it's because I thought he looked kind, friendly and he was simply loveable. My guess is that other fans fell for that too? :)

I drew many drawings of him. When I was in primary school I used to make Yoshi-figures made of paper that came in many colors, and gave/sold them to my friends. I used colorpencils to color them, but I also tried glitter in different colors like gold or rainbow colors. Those were the ”rare” and special ones. X) I can't find the oldest one, but I have saved one I did later in primary school. An ”uptaded” version from the oldest ones. Unfortunately, I can't find it either at the moment (I bet I will find it after I've posted this entry XD) But I found the paper shet with the Yoshi I had and when I made these.





I copied lots of paper shets that I colored and cut into figures. The arm and the leg are supposed to be moveable thanks to two needles that you insert through the small dots on the arm and the leg and then use tape on the backside to hold the needles together. Haha, hope you understood my explanation. My English isn't the best. Anyways~.

At that time I subscribed a magazine called Club Nintendo. You could send fanart to them and I think I did that three times. In one of the letters I also included a Yoshi figure for them. They sent me a letter back and thanked for the drawing and said they loved the figure. So they sent me some small gifts which mostly was Pokémon stuff, like a poster and stickers. That was really kind of them! Too bad they had to cancel the magazine some years later.



Here's one of my drawings that got in. Very veeeery old pic!



As a Yoshi fan, I also have a lil' collect of Yoshies. I have collected them through my life. Here's what my collection looks like right now.






I had to take many photos because I figured out there was a Yoshi missing in the collection. XD I'm not sure if I got every Yoshi I have in this photo. I do know though I have three Yoshi missing in this picture. One is a black one that my friend Kiika bought for me, a small green one that is with my boyfriend, and my red Yoshi plush I recently bought on Gamex.

Most of them is bought on Ebay. I used to collect Yoshi toys as well but has decided to go with plushies only. My dream is to one day get the biggest Yoshi plush I can find and have on my bed. ;D My oldest and the first Yoshi plush I got is this lil' fella.



I got it from a store in Stockholm when I was about 8-9 years old. He's precious to me and have been through alot. He even got to follow me two times when I was on Uppcon, a convent in Sweden. ^^



My Yoshi outfit at Uppcon 11. n_n


This one here I got when I graduated from high school from my brother. I was very surprised when I received it. I was so happy that I almost started to cry. It's so lovely! <3


This small figure could you get from a chocolateegg that I bought when I was a kid (kinda like Kinderegg Surprise, but with Super Mario).


These Yoshies are on my sofa in my room. I bought the green one first time when I was at a convent, Uppcon. The pink one is bought from another convent called Närcon. I'm thinking about trying to get every color in these sizes I can find on convents or other events (or the net if I'm desperate).




Since many friends knows I'm crazy about Yoshi, I have received some gifts. Here's some of them.


I have gotten more drawings than these, but couldn't of course find everyone of them. I wished I could keep my stuff in order better so I could find them easier, haha. I have also received drawings through the web from talented artists and friends, here links of them: [link] [link] [link]. Don't forget to check out their galleries!

About the red Yoshi plush, it's supposed to be me as a Yoshi. Yes, I have designed how I would look like if I was a Yoshi. Her name is Reshi (Red + Yoshi = Reshi. Creative, I know). I did the first design back in 2003 I think which looked like this: [link], and has changed a bit to this: [link]. Don't ask about the design, I just wanted a cool unique Yoshi, haha. X) And I'm quite happy with it. The strange thing is that she's red and not green since green's my favorite color. I guess she would look like Yoshi too much then if I made her green? Besides, she has a nice color anyway I think.




Here's a Yoshi bento my brother did for me as lunch one day at work.


There you have it. I have declared that I'm pretty much a Yoshi freak, and proud of it like many other Yoshi fans. ^^

4 kommentarer:

  1. Aww, all of your Yoshis are just so adorable! =D This sure was a nice read <3

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you dear! Glad you enjoyed to read~. ^^

      Radera
  2. where do you find your blue with pink boot yoshis?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I bought it on Ebay a long time ago together with the red and the yellow one. :)

      Radera