söndag 29 januari 2012

Cosplay work - Earrings and necklace

During these days I’ve been doing some cosplay work. Yes, for two cosplays actually I’m planning to wear during convents. One is for Uppcon this year and the other I do just for fun and I’ll see when I will be finished with it. I’m going to show some work on the first one.


I’m planning to cosplay as Millenia from Grandia 2 at Uppcon. When I played Grandia 2 I fell in love with her. I love her design and her character. Those shoes, her hair and everything else! <3 I also like her personality. She is mostly cheerful, fun, and had her evil, insane side. But deep inside she’s kind and cares for those dear to her. What also makes me like her is how’s she’s changing during the gameplay. Well, I will not spoil too much if you’re planning to play the game, haha. I can recommend it, it’s pretty good and fun to play I think. Anyway, I just knew I had to try cosplay her when I got to know her.

So here I’m going to show you how I worked to make her earrings. It was really hard to find any good reference on her earrings. At first I thought the design on the earrings were poor and didn’t like them so much and just wanted to remove them. But I found some competent images and try to draw her earrings with some touch by me.


My sketches of the earrings.


When I was done with that, I started with the process. I used baling wire for the base



Then I used a clay called Fimolera (Fimo clay) bought on Panduro. Really easy to use and to shape. Here’s what they looked like first when I started with the red clay..


..Yellow..


..and finally purple!


Then they went into the oven and voilá!


I’m rather happy how they turned out. I was first afraid that they would be too heavy, but they are alright to wear. Maybe I will paint some color to take away the discolored areas, but only if I have time left. They look good anyway. ^^ Next up is working and finish the shoes!

And now, for another cosplay. To be honest, I started this last summer and have been working on it when I had time left and felt like to work with it. This is a necklace I’m working on.

Here’s how I started. For this I also used Fimolera to make beads, and used a needle to make the holes for the thread to go through. The white balls are attached to each other to hold together the necklace. As shown in the pic.


And ta-daah! The results!



Sorry, didn’t take as much pics as I did with the earrings. However, I’m satisfied with the look. I didn’t thought it would be so easy. But it took time, oh yes. I made every lil’ bead by hand and they are a lot!

Now you probably wonder what this necklace is for. Well, I'm going to let you guess that.. ;) Until next time… see ya around!

5 kommentarer:

  1. Ooh, I love those earrings! =D Can't wait to see the finished cosplay ^^
    And I sure wonder who the second one might be =0

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! ^^ I can't wait either until I'm finished with them.
      Hehe, I can give you a small clue. You know who it is. ;)

      Radera
    2. I knew I recognized that necklace! =D Homfg, didn't know you'd do that cosplay - that's awesome =D

      Radera
    3. Yup, haven't really told anyone. X) Hopefully it will turn out awesome as well. XD

      Radera
    4. No wonder then x)
      I'm sure it will =)

      Radera