tisdag 8 november 2011

Cosplay of Jade from Mortal Kombat 9

I never would have thought that my next cosplay after Krystal would be something like this. I blame it all on my friend Hanna. After she and Lisette cosplayed as Mileena and Kitana on a convent named Närcon this year, she suggested that we should go as a group of Mortal Kombat characters to Gamex. I decided to join for fun, the more the merrier right? ;) And the girl character I like the most in MK is Jade.






It's not because she's green I chose her? Naaaah…


I did this cosplay mostly just for fun. It’s not the best cosplay I’ve done I think and there are things I could have done better and more careful, but the results looks pretty good for not struggling too hard, haha. X) I’m very happy with her gloves. :D The boots are bought and I just remade them to look like Jade’s by painting them and made her jewels out of clay. I “cheated” with the golden parts on the costume by coloring them instead of buying gold fabric. I blame it for being lazy and cheap, besides I had a lot of paint left after I did Krystal. The costume didn’t cost me so much, about 400 kr (€ 44). You can see on the last photo in this entry I colored myself brownish just like Jade is in the game. First, I will show you some progress pictures!







And ta-daaah, the results!


In my opinion I don’t make the best Jade because I’m way too short to be someone as tall as her. XD I looked hilarious among my MK-group and they all called me “lil’ Jade”. But then again, this was just for fun and to join the group.

We made a cool gang and there were many people at the event that took photos of us. We even got interviewed by PowerGamer, GamingGrannar, Svampriket and Press2play (Check out the interviews by clicking on the links. It’s in Swedish though). I never thought we would get so much attention. Really nice that many people liked us. :) We were supposed to have Lisette as Kitana in our group, but unfortunately she couldn’t come. We’ll definitely get together again and take some more photos.

Emelie as Skarlet, Hanna as Mileena, me as Jade and Spettan as Sonya Blade.

Will tell more about the event I went to later!






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar